Re: Holiday Music -- not Hanukah!

There are several books from Ashbourne music which exactly fits the needs
you described.  Call them at 216-782-1374.

Tara Music 1-800-TARA-400 and Transcontinental music 212 650-4101 also
have many collections and octavos which fit your needs. I especially
recommend 2 collections and arrangements by Silbermintz from TARA>

The Cantors Assembly sells a book on how to develop a synagogue choir and
sample music for Shabbat which I edited. Its called the Choral Sampler
and contact them by e-mail at CAOffice (at) jtsa(dot)edu

BTW I applaud your lay people's volunteer efforts and hope they are
qualified to be Baalei Tefillah (masters of prayer) or even Shlichei
Tzibbur (messengers or representatives of the community) but I would
hesistate to call anyone with the qualifications you described a Hazzan.
The reform movement will only let a ordained cantor to use the title
cantor others are called soloists.  The conservative movement has no such
stipulations but I hope that unqualified individuals would not call them
Hazzan.

Cantor Sheldon M. Levin
slevin (at) mciunix(dot)mciu(dot)k12(dot)pa(dot)us

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->