Re: NPR

>I thought abut whether or not I should pos this to the Jewish music list
>and after careful consideration I have.

[snip]

>Even if we do not agree with everything presented on NPR which is
>impossible since they often present differing viewpoints on the same
>subject, I hope we all realize that it is important that everyone has the
>opportunity to speak freely.

Eric,
        Sorry, but this is spam.  Well-intentioned no doubt, and done
without vile commercial motivation, to be sure, but spam nonetheless.
This, as you realize, has nothing to do with Jewish music, but only with
your implicit assumption that all Jews (should) agree with you in this
matter, and thus this will be welcome on any Jewish list.

        This would be spam even if it didn't support an organization that
is fundamentally anti-Zionist and too often veers towards the anti-Semitic
when the opportunity arises.  NPR's reports on Israel always find the most
negative things to say possible, and repeatedly ignore reasonable Israelis
in favor of interviewing the most extreme Israelis that they can find,
while simultaneously ignoring the extreme Palestinians and other Arabs
while going after the most moderate sounding on that "side."  This isn't
just an anti-Netanyahu position (not that that would make it acceptable),
but was the case when Rabin and Peres were in charge.  If you would like a
little more documentation on this, check out the CAMERA (Committee for
Accuracy in Middle East Reporting in America) website at
http://world.std.com/~camera/docs/npr.html.

        With all the groups around that are worthy of our support as Jews,
you've spammed us with a real bottom-feeder.  Hope you don't do that again.

Mike Leavitt <mrl (at) alum(dot)mit(dot)edu>
Reston, VA

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->