WMNF'S "Sunday Simcha"

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the email response to my posting about the radio show. For a long
time I debated whether to put some info on this list.........glad I did.

Anyway...there have been some questions about the show and how to listen to
it, so I thought I'd give another brief bit of info:

WMNF is a non-commercial community radio station based in Tampa, FLorida. We
broadcast at 70,000  over 88.5 FM and our listening audience is a good
portion of the west central gulf coast of FLorida including Tampa, St. Pete,
CLearwater, Lakeland and Sarasota/Bradenton.   While we have a small paid
staff, our on air people are not financially compensated.

The format is quite eclectic. When you check out my show, you can check out
the other shows on the station as well.

I have been hosting the Sunday Simcha since Dec 1985, taking over a show that
had been on the air for about 6 years.  My format is very simple:  Music,
local announcements, Dvar Torah,  interviews, etc.  The audience has grown
over the years and includes many non-Jews as well.  The music is a good mix
.....Klezmer, Chassidic, Israeli, Yiddish, Ladino, Mizrachi, etc etc.  Most
shows are live, but I do tape a number of them due to work schedule.....I'm a
musician/bandleader and we do get a number of weddings that conflict with my
show times.

If you're in the area you can hear the show 12 noon-2pm SUndays 88.5FM.

If you're in the rest of the world!!!  you can hear it on the net.

Go to  www.wmnf.org  and hit the live audio icon.....We only have 10 incoming
live lines at this point.....so if you can't get on.....you can catch it at
any time after airplay as we archive each show for 2 weeks.  You'll need real
audio software. If you don't have it, download it free from our web site.

You will notice that I have done absolutely no work on my web page on the
wmnf site.  When there is time.......

I am very interested in hearing from you after (or before) you listen.

As I indicated in the earlier posting.......cd's and tapes from Jewish bands
and artists are always appreciated.

Here's my info:

Mike Eisenstadt
WMNF