Re: Israeli rock groups

>>Does anyone know where I can get a hold of Machina or any other good Israeli
>>rock music?  Let me know if anyone has any suggestions.
>
>Try Tara Publications at      http://www.jewishmusic.com      1-800-TARA-400

Tara tends to carry only the most popular stuff. The first place to
try is your local large record chain (Tower, HMV) in their
International sections. You also want to check out your local
Jewish Book/Gift/Record store which will often have quite a
good selection (I'm spoiled--I've moved from the Bay Area in
California which features bob&bob and Afikomen, to near Brookline,
MA, which features the Israel Book Store).

In addition to Tara, you should send e-mail to the House of
Musical Traditions, in Washington, DC, which does a lot of
mailorder and carries a wide selection. They can be reached
at: mailto:hmtrad (at) hmtrad(dot)com or http://www.hmtrad.com/

If you can't find what you want at a local store (or convince
your local store to order it, and if Tara or HMT don't carry it,
then take a look at some of the online record stores such
as CDNow or CD Connection.

I have a list of some online music resources on my klez pages at
   http://www.well.com/user/ari/klez/contacts/klezvendors.html

and am always on the lookout for additional sources to list.

ari

Ari Davidow
ari (at) ivritype(dot)com
http://www.ivritype.com/