It's over!

The Survey of Musculoskeletal Pain of Organists is now completed.

I would first like to thank ALL of you for your patience and tolerance
through these three months of announcements and reminders.  And I would
like to say a special thank you to all those who responded and how passed
the word along to other organists.  Thank you also to those who sent the
many private e-mails with information, suggestions, and encouragement.

The minimum population we hoped for this project was 200 subjects.  That
figure was reached just past the one month mark.  At the conclusion of the
90-day run, over 370 of you have responded!

Many of you have asked for results.  I will now being tabulating and
analyzing your responses and writing the remainder of the dissertation.
The final defense will take place next fall.  It is my intent, if the
university does not object, to post an abstract and synopsis of the
results at the survey address at that time.

thank you also to those of you who posted links on your web pages.  You
may remove them now if your wish, or you may leave them there for the
eventual results posting.  The web page will remain accessible until that
time.

You have given my LOTS of work to do this summer.  I am up to my eyeballs
in data, and LOVING IT!  Therefore, unfortunately, I will have to go
no-mail on virtually all lists, so that I can get it done.  I will miss
you all, but I'll be back!

Thanks again to all of you!
Margo Dillard

                SURVEY OF MUSCULOSKELETAL PAIN OF ORGANISTS
                        www.metronet.com/~organmed/
        "There is nothing remarkable about it.  All one has to do is
          hit the right notes at the right time, and the instrument
                        plays itself."  -- J. S. Bach
    "We suffer, we suffer, we suffer in silence." -- Fiddler on the Roof