Plucked String offerings at KlezKanada '97

For those interested in klezmer music and Yiddish culture, may I recommend
that you consider attending KlezKanada '97, which will take place from August
20 through August 24, in the beautiful Laurentian mountains, 60 miles north
of Montreal.

I will be teaching a plucked string instrument class that will deal
specifically with technique and style issues involved in playing klezmer on
such instruments as mandolin, guitar and tenor banjo (though any plucked
string instrument is welcome).

In addition, there will be classes in many other instruments, instrumental
ensembles, song classes, films, language and literature courses, dance and
theatre workshops, etc, etc.

I am told that there is a lot of interest, and limited space, so if you are
interested, I suggest you contact the organizers ASAP at telephone (514)
345-2610.  Fax: (514) 735-2175.

Jeff Warschauer

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->