Re: new Israeli music

Firstly, condolences to you Ari.
I have often noted in the last number of years how Israeli songs become
more and more foreign to Americans.  When there were the Chassidic Song
Festivals and before that the many Zionist songs, we here were constantly
learning and singing the latest ISraeli songs. At camps, schools and
services our repertoire was growing each year.  Either because today's
songs are too wordy with many verses of difficult hebrew, or their
content is less relevant or easily applicable to our services or
curricula, or the different styles, we do not seem to be able to apply
them to our programs.

Jewish-American songs by Debbie Friedman, Kol BeSeder, Craig Taubman and
many others seem to work more easily for us.

Does anyone have any suggestions of good new Israeli songs to sing in
services or teach our children.

Cantor Sheldon M. Levin
slevin (at) mciunix(dot)mciu(dot)k12(dot)pa(dot)us

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->