Jewish Films on videotape

At last, a subject I actually know a little about!
I spent a week at Brandeis last year for a story on the National Center for
Jewish Film and as a film critic I can heartily recommend the NCJF's tapes as by
far the best on the market. They do their own restoration, working from the best
surviving material, and they create new subtitles. Ergo Media's tapes are okay,
I suppose, but the visual quality and subtitling on the NCJF tapes are vastly
superior. Incidentally, I don't know where you live, Rose, but the NY Public
Library, for one, has a decent selection of Yiddish films, both from NCJF and
Ergo, and , needless to say, it's cheaper than renting. I won't repeat the phone
numbers, since other people have already given them, but those are the two best
sources of Yiddish film. NCJF and Ergo also carry numerous documentaries and
many Israeli films as well -- and music films, oy!

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->