Klezmer Book

Hello,
In addition to my book "The Compleat Klezmer", I would like to call your
attention to some of my other publications on the social history of klezmer
music:
1) Dave Tarras: Yiddish-American Klezmer Music 1925-1956 (Yazoo 7001)
2) Klezmer Pioneers: European and American Recordings 1905-1952 (Rounder
1089)
3) Naftule Brandwein: King of the Klezmer Clarinet (Rounder 1127)
Some articles that won't show up in a search by "klezmer":
1) "Yiddish Music" entry in "Jewish American History and Culture: An
Encyclopedia" eds. Jack Fischel and Sanford Pinsker  (Garland Publishing, New
York 1992)
2) "From Eastern Europe to East Broadway: Yiddish Music in the Old World and
New" New York Folklore Quarterly V. 14 Nos. 3-4 Summer/Fall 1988
If you can't locate the CDs at your local record store, they are available
through Living Traditions.
Incidentally, Schirmer Books (a division of Simon and Shuster) will be
publishing my book "Klezmology: A Social History of Klezmer Music in America
1895-1995" next year. If you'd like to be on the mailing list to find out
about it and other klezmer related projects, please write to:
livetrads (at) aol(dot)com(dot)

Henry Sapoznik

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->