Chanukah Special 1996

              Sunday Morning Klezmer and Other Jewish Music
                         Chanukah Special 1996
                           December 8, 1996

    + =========================================================== +
   ||    Jacob Freedman -- Host/Producer Sunday Morning Klezmer   ||
   ||        E-Mail Address -- Jacob(dot)Freedman (at) bbsx(dot)com
   ||      WBZC 88.9 FM -- A Voice For Burlington County, NJ      ||
    + =========================================================== +

    + =========================================================== +
   ||      The History Of Chanukah -- Chabad Chanukah_Guide       ||
   ||      http://www.chabad.org/Chanukah_Guide/history.html      ||
    + =========================================================== +

    + =========================================================== +
   ||   Chabad Lubavitch-Maryland Region --  Chanukah Resource    ||
   ||       http://www.his.com/%7Echabad/8days/chanu57.htm        ||
    + =========================================================== +

Shalom

My name is Jacob Freedman, and I am the Host/Producer of "Sunday
Morning Klezmer and Other Jewish Music," a radio program dedicated to
the development and promotion of Jewish Art, Culture and Music.

Sunday Morning Klezmer and Other Jewish Music has been "On the Air,"
since March 1995, on WBZC-FM, a community radio station, licensed
and located at Burlington County College [ http://www.bcc.edu ],
in Pemberton, New Jersey.

Burlington County College [BCC] is an educational institution with a
commitment to offering a "cutting edge technological" education.
BCC offers career planning and training, along with the liberal arts;
as well as, biological, computer, physical and technology sciences.

BCC offers courses at eleven locations throughout Burlington County,
with easy access to major county access routes. In recognizing the
changing needs of students, classes are scheduled weekdays, evenings,
and weekends. Courses are also available through video telecourses,
for those unable to attend regular classes.

The courses are taught by faculty members who have excellent
credentials and who are considered experts in their respective fields.

BCC offers dual admission degree programs with the New Jersey
Institute of Technology [ http://www.njit.edu ]. BCC and NJIT
share the "TEC" [Technology and Engineering Center] at the New,
Burlington County College Campus, in Mount Laurel, New Jersey.
This jointly shared facility offers associate, baccalaureate
and master's degree programs in engineering, computer science
mathematics and related fields. [800-BCC-NJIT -- 800-222-6548]

WBZC-FM was voted the #1 Collegiate Radio Station for 1995-1996, by the
National Association of Collegiate Broadcasters, thus becoming the first
community college radio station to win the "Station of the Year Award,"
since the award was established, in 1991.  For 1996-1997, WBZC-FM was
awarded first prize for Community Service, by the NACB.

     + =============================================== +
     | Sunday Morning Klezmer and Other Jewish Music   |
     |         Chanukkah Program Schedule              |
     | ----------------------------------------------- |
     | WBZC-FM, A VOICE FOR BURLINGTON COUNTY, 88.9 FM |
     | Sundays, 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m., Eastern Time  |
     + =============================================== +

              6:00 -- 6:06  Da Poritz - Baruch Cohon [Show Theme Song]
              6:06 -- 6:18  Various Jewish Music
              6:18 -- 6:24  News and Weather
              6:24 -- 6:48  Various Jewish Music
              6:48 -- 6:52  Information and Extended Weather
              6:55 -- 7:00  Upcoming Jewish Events and Meetings
              7:00 -- 7:18  Various Jewish Music
              7:18 -- 7:22  News and Weather
              7:22 -- 7:24  Es Der Rebbe Est - Hester Street Troupe
                            [Parva Two/Thirds Hour Section Theme]
              7:24 -- 7:38  Parva Two/Thirds Hour
                            [No Female Vocals]
              7:38 -- 7:40  Information and Extended Weather
              7:40 -- 7:55  Festival of Light
                            Chanukkah Music for the '90's
              7:55 -- 8:00  Upcoming Jewish Events and Meetings
              8:00 -- 8:18  Festival of Light
              8:18 -- 8:22  News and Weather
              8:22 -- 8:38  Festival of Light
              8:38 -- 8:40  Information and Extended Weather
              8:40 -- 9:18  The Chanukkah Story:
                            Performed by The Western Wind Vocal Ensemble
                            Narrated by Theodore Bikel
              9:18 -- 9:20  News and Weather
              9:20 -- 9:38  The Chanukkah Story
              9:38 -- 9:40  Information and Extended Weather
              9:40 -- 10:00 The Chanukkah Story

       + ============================================================ +
       |               F E S T I V A L  O F  L I G H T                |
       |                                A N                           |
       |     I S L A N D  R E C O R D S - - S I X  D E G R E E S      |
       |                           R E L E A S E                      |
       |                  C H A N U K K A H  1 9 9 6                  |
       + ============================================================ +

Festival of Light

Unlike any other seasonal release, "Festival of Light" captures the
spirit of a holiday long overlooked by the music industry. For more
than two thousand years, Chanukkah has celebrated religious freedom
and cultural unity with festivities shared by Jews around the World.

While its arrangements and instrumentation are far from traditional,
"Festival of Light" is pure musical joy, a seamless weaving together
of both vocal and instrumental material.

Featured vocals include Jane Siberry, Marc Cohn, a duet between Peter
Himmelman and best-selling artist David Broza, and the Covenant --
a group that uses Cantorial vocals in a style reminiscent of  Enigma
and Deep Forest. An eclectic, all-star New York ensemble assembled
specifically for this project features Klezmatics leader Frank London,
guitarist David Torn, percussionist Glen Velez, jazz klezmer clarinetist
Don Byron and other special guests. Instrumental treatments, range from
atmospheric guitar suites of John Leventhal -- Producers, Shawn Colvin
and Roseanne Cash -- to the hammered dulcimer, cello, and the harmonica
of John McCutcheon.

The recording is available on both CD and Cassette.

The recording is available at all major, Music Stores and

Tara Publications

World-Wide-Web:            http://www.jewishmusic.com/
                           http://www.tara.com/
Phone:                     800-TARA-400 or 410-654-0880
Fax:                       800-TARA-403 or 410 654-0881

       + ============================================================ +
       |                  The Chanukkah Story                         |
       |                  Narrated by Theodore Bikel                  |
       + ============================================================ +

The Chanukkah Story

In this eclectic recording, Theodore Bikel tells the story of Chanukkah
with uplifting musical selections written by Jews, from every part of
the world, ranging from the Sephardic songs of the 15th-century to
German-Jewish songs of the 19th-century, to contemporary songs like
"Rock of Ages" and "I had a Little Dreidel" and "Dreidel". The Chanukkah
Story is especially popular among children who tend to memorize the
songs!

The recording is available on both CD and Cassette.

The recording is available at all Borders Books and Music Stores
as well as through The Western Winds direct order line:

Phone:                     800-788-2187

If you have any questions or would like more information, please
contact the Western Wind:

World-Wide-Web:            http://www.westernwind.org/
E-mail:                    info (at) westernwind(dot)org
Phone:                     800-788-2187
Fax:                       212-873-2849

     + ============================================================== +
     | Station Facts: WBZC-FM [Licensed to Burlington County College] |
     + ============================================================== +

              Frequency 88.9 Mhz FM

              7,500 Watt Stereo FM [Peak Power]

              Antenna Height on Tower @ 250 Feet [77 Meters]

              The Broadcast Coverage Area; includes,
              parts of the following New Jersey Counties,
              Atlantic, Camden, Burlington, Gloucester,
              Ocean, Salem and parts of Eastern Pennsylvania;
              including Philadelphia. [A radio translator,
              which is being planned to bring WBZC to the
              Burlington County Communities, on the Delaware River,
              may also slightly, expand the Pennsylvania Coverage Area]

              The Primary Broadcast Coverage Area has a population
              of over half-million people.

     + ======================== +
     | The Search Continues ... |
     + ======================== +

WBZC-FM is looking for Audio and Video Recordings of Jewish
Entertainers, past and present, and related background materials, for
the WBZC's Jewish Entertainment and Music Library. Please, include the
following information; background information, track introductions with
phonetic spellings of names and titles. Please remember to keep us
posted on new releases, and current and future performance schedules.

WBZC-FM needs your help to find "Out of Print" recordings and writings.
If you have old books or recordings of Jewish Art, Culture, or Music,
or have an friend or relative that wishes to find a home for their "old
friends," please contact us. Donations or Loan of recorded and written
materials would be greatly appreciated, and may be eligible for a
federal tax credit. Please don't let these valuable treasures fade into
history.

     + ========================================================== +
     |  Are you organizing or know of a Jewish Event or Meeting?  |
     |                           or                               |
     |  Do you know of an upcoming Jewish Movie, Music, Radio,    |
     |            Television, or Theatrical Event?                |
     + ========================================================== +

Do you know of an upcoming or involved with organizing a Jewish Club
Date, Event, Meeting, Movie, Music, Radio, Television, or Theatrical
Performance, please ask the performer(s) or performance sponsor(s)
to send a Press Kit; include the following information; meeting or
performance schedule(s), biography and contact information.

     You need to send the Press Kit, four or more weeks in advance,
     to give us the time to record or write a PSA
     [Public Service Announcement].

     If you have an annual or regularly scheduled event or can provide
     one or more months advance notice, I will happily produce a
     pre-recorded thirty second announcement, rather than a standard
     "live read" promo message. If you already have a thirty second
     pre-recorded PSA or wish to produce your own recorded PSA, please
     contact us for production, scheduling, and screening details.

     Promotional Materials and Tickets for "On the Air" and Public
     Appearances Contests would be appreciated, but not required.

WBZC-FM is also looking for the following resources:

     English, Hebrew, Ladino, Yiddish language recordings and writings
     of Chassidic, Israeli, Jewish, Klezmer, and Yiddish comedy,
     folklore, theater, etc. .

     "Out of Print" Background Materials, on Chassidic, Israeli,
     Jewish, Klezmer, and Yiddish entertainment and music.

     Internet Resources; E-Mail Addresses, FTP Destinations, and
     World Web Sites of a Jewish Nature, for the Sunday Morning
     Klezmer Internet Resource List.

     + =================== +
     | Contact Information |
     + =================== +

              Mailing Address:

              Jacob Freedman, Host/Producer
              Sunday Morning Klezmer
              WBZC-FM
              Burlington County College
              County Route 530
              Pemberton, NJ USA 08068-1599

              E-Mail Address:

              Jacob(dot)Freedman (at) bbsx(dot)com

              Fax Number:

              609-894-9440

              Monday -- Friday  09:00 -- 17:00  EST
                                14:00 -- 22:00  UTC

              Office Hours and
              Telephone Number:

              Tuesday           09:00 -- 11:45  13:15 -- 16:30 EST
                                14:00 -- 16:45  18:15 -- 21:30 UTC

              609-894-9311 Extension 7404

              I can only be reached at this number Tuesdays.
              Please; no messages, use the below phone number
              for messages, and calls on all other days.

              Regular Telephone and Voice Mailbox Number:

              609-235-3819   -- Voice Mailbox 2 for Messages

     + ============================================================== +
     | The Sunday Morning Klezmer Internet Resource List is posted    |
     | on the 30th of each month, on the following usenet conferences;|
     | alt.music.jewish, soc.culture.israel, soc.culture.jewish       |
     + ============================================================== +

   If you have access to the World Wide Web [WWW], use Deja News to
   locate the Sunday Morning Klezmer Internet Resource List:

   Deja News -- The Source for Internet Newsgroups!

   Deja News -- Quick Search
   http://www.dejanews.com/

 ==> Quick Search for: _____________________________________ Find

|  Enter one of your interests below, to find which newsgroups talk
|  about it:
|  ___________________________________ Find
|
|  Copyright &copy; 1996 Deja News, Inc. All rights reserved.
|  Microsoft(c) Internet Explorer - Netscape(c) Navigator -
|  America Online
|
|    By inserting the text, =============> Deja News will list
|    that is listed below.                 the following Information.

|==> Sunday Morning Klezmer Info   =====> Program Info and Schedule
|==> Sun Mrnng Klzmr Spcl Evnts 96 =====> Special Events and Other ..6
|==> Sun Mrnng Klzmr Spcl Evnts 97 =====> Special Events and Other ..7
|==> Sun Mrnng Klzmr Jewsh Intrnt Lst 27 Nov 96 1/9 ==> Desc 1 A  -- J
|==> Sun Mrnng Klzmr Jewsh Intrnt Lst 27 Nov 96 2/9 ==> Desc 2 Jewish
|==> Sun Mrnng Klzmr Jewsh Intrnt Lst 27 Nov 96 3/9 ==> Desc 3 Ju -- Z
|==> Sun Mrnng Klzmr Jewsh Intrnt Lst 27 Nov 96 4/9 ==> Site 1 A  -- J
|==> Sun Mrnng Klzmr Jewsh Intrnt Lst 27 Nov 96 5/9 ==> Site 2 Jewish
|==> Sun Mrnng Klzmr Jewsh Intrnt Lst 27 Nov 96 6/9 ==> Site 3 Ju -- Z
|==> Sun Mrnng Klzmr Jewsh Intrnt Lst 27 Nov 96 7/9 ==> Tool Desc
|==> Sun Mrnng Klzmr Jewsh Intrnt Lst 27 Nov 96 8/9 ==> Tool 1
 ==> Sun Mrnng Klzmr Jewsh Intrnt Lst 27 Nov 96 9/9 ==> Tool 2