Re: Where are you

>In article <01bb90f3$b7249020$a9785ac2 (at) medic>, "Yehuda Honickman"
><whale (at) netvision(dot)net(dot)il> wrote:
>
>> I live here in THE HOLYLAND and I'm waiting for some of the serious jewish
>> musicians to surface..........
>>

>Yossi Zucker runs "Or-Tav" Publishing from Kfar Saba, and he also composes.
>Please contact me if you want his e-mail address.
>
>--
>Cantor Neil Schwartz
>
>schwartz (at) enter(dot)net

I am trying to get a picture of the level and types of Klezmer and Yiddish
music in
Israel and hope some people here can write about what they know.  I am aware
of
the annual festival in Tsfat in July which seems to be mostly Hasidic nigunim
not necessarily in Yiddish and I am told that there are about 20 different
Klezmer groups there.  Does anyone have a list of the various Klezmer groups?
 Does anyone have any
information about the Klezmer clubs in Israel?

Reyzl Kalifowicz-Waletzky

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->