Re: Jewish Dance & Music Programs

After trying and failing for almost two weeks to connect to Ernie Cohen's
Israeli Folk Dance page, I have been in contact by E-mail with Ernie.
There turn out to be *two* problems -- an incorrect URL and a firewall
problem at Bellcore. The firewall problem has caused the ftp server to
refuse to connect with most browsers; they are now working on it.

Having failed to save the original Usenet posting, I lost it when it
disappeared from our news feed after about 8 days. As a result, I don't
know whether the URL posted was correct (and thus garbled by me), or was
posted incorrectly. Ernie says that it has often been circulated wrong.

The *correct* URL for Ernie Cohen's Israeli Folk Dance page is
<ftp://ftp.bellcore.com/pub/ernie/israeli/homepage.html>.

The *temporary* URL for the page, good *only* until the firewall problem
is corrected, is <http://superbook.bellcore.com/archive/homepage.html>. I
have not tried this yet; when I do, if there is some change (such as more
terms in the URL to get to the dance page itself), I will pass this on.

Hope Ehn                    <ehn (at) world(dot)std(dot)com>

Dennis and Hope Ehn are 2 different people sharing one account.
Hope is the author of "On-Line Resources for Classical & Academic Musicians."
Dennis does programming (mostly C++).
PLEASE don't get us confused!                                 :-)