Re: Hate messages

Cecele Miller <103071(dot)1461 (at) CompuServe(dot)COM> wrote:
>I realize that I have a choice in what I choose to read in the
>Newsgroups.  But I feel that hate messages have no part of the
>Information Highway.  It is hoped that if someone does not have
>the maturity to know what is appropriate and what is of interest
>or can add to the knowledge of others, that there is someone who
>will filter out such garbage.  Enough said.

I share your consternation and your hopes for a more intelligent exchange
on the internet.

However, I must remind you that there may be less personal power for each
and every one of us if we invite a 'watchdog' into our electronic
community, who will then proceed to tell all and sundry just what
constitutes 'maturity'. Don't forget that regardless of the willful
insensitivity of some people, you and I still have the 'power of the
mouse' at our disposal. The individualism that the net allows is worth
enough to me that the electronic flotsam of the hate-mongerers among us
is a small price to pay. They can only get their kicks by *imagining*
that they are creating a disturbance.

My answer to them is only this:  click, click!

Moshe Denburg

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->