Re: Old Zionist Songs

In article <4ee2fr$jkq (at) daily-planet(dot)execpc(dot)com>, haviv (at)
execpc(dot)com wrote:

> Does anyone know of books, cassettes, CDs, or other sources of old
> Zionist songs, and where to get them.

Here is a short list for starters:

"Israel in Song", "Great Songs of Israel", "Favorite Songs of Israel", all
edited by Velvel Pasternak; his "Jerusalem Songbook" has some old songs;

"Israel Sings", ed. by Richard Neumann; "L'Yisrael Mizmor - 40 Songs of
Israel" ed. by Caroll Goldberg; 2 large volumes edited by Effi Netzer;

"Songs We Sing" and "More of the Songs We Sing", ed. by Harry Coopersmith
both have old Israeli songs in the back (pub. by United Synagogue);

if you can find it, he also edited "Songs of Zion" for Behrman House many
years ago - it is unique, a small hardback in brown ink and square notes.

You may want to try Tara publications to obtain these books.  Their phone
is 1-800-TARA-400; their Web site is   "http://www.jewishmusic.com/tara/";

                                                    Cantor Neil Schwartz

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->