Re: Old Zionist Songs

I also have a VERY old copy of _Songs of Our People_ ed. by Samuel
Bugatch, and published (1951) by Farband Books, NY. I have no idea where
you might find it today!

You might also try the Israel Information Bureau. The often publish
"songsters" for youth groups and tour groups. I have an old one called
"B'Kol Ram" filled with (alas) only the words to numerous Zionist songs.

Good luck.

Rita Klinger

On Sat, 27 Jan 1996, Cantor Neil & Katie Schwartz wrote:

> In article <4ee2fr$jkq (at) daily-planet(dot)execpc(dot)com>, haviv (at)
> execpc(dot)com wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know of books, cassettes, CDs, or other sources of old
> > Zionist songs, and where to get them.
> >

> Here is a short list for starters:
>
> "Israel in Song", "Great Songs of Israel", "Favorite Songs of Israel", all
> edited by Velvel Pasternak; his "Jerusalem Songbook" has some old songs;
>
> "Israel Sings", ed. by Richard Neumann; "L'Yisrael Mizmor - 40 Songs of
> Israel" ed. by Caroll Goldberg; 2 large volumes edited by Effi Netzer;
>
> "Songs We Sing" and "More of the Songs We Sing", ed. by Harry Coopersmith
> both have old Israeli songs in the back (pub. by United Synagogue);
>
> if you can find it, he also edited "Songs of Zion" for Behrman House many
> years ago - it is unique, a small hardback in brown ink and square notes.
>
> You may want to try Tara publications to obtain these books.  Their phone
> is 1-800-TARA-400; their Web site is   "http://www.jewishmusic.com/tara/";
>
>                                                     Cantor Neil Schwartz

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->