Re: Yiddish song about bird telling daughter to go out and live

On 14 Jan 1996 22:35:18 GMT, Cantor Neil Schwartz <schwartz (at) enter(dot)net>
wrote:

>The beautiful Yiddish song you are looking for is called "Oifn Veg Shteyt
>a Boym".  Text by Itsik Manger, music by P. Laskovski.  One source is
>"Mir Trogn A Gezang", published by the Workman's Circle and reissued by
>Adama Books.  It is also found in Volume 2 of the four-volume Anthology
>of Yiddish Folksongs from Hebrew University.
>
>As far as performers go, it is the sort of song which might have been
>recorded by Sidor Belarsky a generation ago.  Cantor Leon Lissik has done
>more recent recordings of Yiddish songs also; you may want to contact
>Tara Publications at 1-800-TARA-400 to obtain "Mir Trogn A Gezang" and
>any available recordings.
>
>             Cantor Neil Schwartz

I believe that this song can be found on a recent recording by Dudu
(David) Fisher called Mama Lushen. A wonderful album.

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->