Klezmer in Damrosh Park

The klezmer concert last night at Damrosch Park was a total triumph.
Everyone who had a part in making it happen, but most especially all of
the performers - including that klezmer fiddler, Yitzchak Perlman - earned
the enduring gratitude of all of us who were there.  They all did too good
a job to permit me to single out any one group or performer.

Surely,  it will be recognized as a landmark in Jewish music, just as the
Benny Goodman Carnegie Hall concert is an enduring landmark of big-band
jazz.

I was tired when I got home, but I couldn't fall asleep for a long time
because the melodies were running through my mind.

I hope that a recording of this concert will be issued, so those who
couldn't be there can enjoy it and those who attended can enjoy it again.
Marvin Margoshes

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->