Re: Copy of Talmud, please?

 parkes (at) ucssun1(dot)sdsu(dot)edu (parkes) wrote"  I am not Jewish, but
would like
an English version of the Talmud.  Can
anybody out there tell me how to obtain such a book?

  Actually, I'm looking for the 5th book of Moses.

  I'm out in San Diego, CA and go to SDSU - for some reason the library
doesn't have a copy."

Are you looking for the Talmud or the Torah?  The latter is the five books
of Moses.  A good English translation with commentary, "The Torah", was
published  in 1981 by the Union of American Hebrew Congregations in New
York.

Marvin Margoshes

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->