Re: SHLOMO CARLEBACH

I wonder how many people realise the contibution Shlomo Carlebach
ztl has made to Jewish music.

So many of the tunes we regard as traditional or 'part of the
furniture' of synagogue, Jewish religious folk and chasidic music
are in fact the work of this prodigious musician. These include
classics such as Am Yisrael Chai and L'man Achai Vere'ai.

He passed on last year but his music lives on. The Jewish world owes
much to this man and is poorer for his departure .

 In
article <3sf5ak$4o7 (at) newsbf02(dot)news(dot)aol(dot)com>, BoruchJ (boruchj
(at) aol(dot)com) writes:
>Reb Shlomo's Music Lives
>
>THESE 25 SHLOMO CARLEBACH RECORDINGS ARE NOW IN STOCK & READY TO SHIP /
>AVAILABLE IN CASSETTE OR CD.
>FREE SHIPPING & HANDLING!!! + FREE CARLEBACH GIFTS!
>
>SOME OF THESE TITLES INCLUDE NEW SONGS & STORIES!
>
>1. Shlomo Chai - Arad Festival 5752
>2. Od Shlomo Chai - In Concert Summer 5754
>3. The Best of Shlomo Carlebach
>4. In The Palace of the King
>5. Shlomo Carelbach Live
>6. Even Moasu Habonim
>7. Uvnei Yerushalayim
>DOUBLE CASSETTES - NEW RECORDINGS:
>8. Shabbos with Shlomo Carlebach
>The Best of Shlomo Carlebach Vol 1-4
>9. Vol. IV - Rest of "THE BEST"
>10. Vol III SONGS & STORIES OF THE 80'S
>11. Vol II SONGS & STORIES OF THE 70'S
>12. Vol I SONGS & STORIES OF THE 60'S
>
>13. Shlomo Carlebach Rosh Hashana Vol. II
>14. Shlomo Carlebach Rosh Hashana Vol. I
>15. Live in Concert Brooklyn College
>16. Live in Concert - Yisroel B'tach
>17. Nachamu Ami - Live on Mt. Zion (Double)
>18. Sh'vochin Asader - Live in Jerusalem
>19. Shlomo Carlebach Live in England
>20. Shlomo Carlebach & the Children
>21. Carlebach Classics (Gershovsky/Instr.)
>22. Shlomo Carlebach Sings Achat Shoalti - ONE REQUEST
>23. Shlomo Carlebach Live for Jews in RUSSIA
>24. Shlomo Carlebach at the VILLAGE GATE
>25. "Shlomo Carlebach Live" - Video
>
>For More Info. or to ORDER Write or Call:
>Bulls-Eye Music Treasures
>1219 President St. Brooklyn, NY 11225.
>Or Call Toll Free:
>1-800-484-7295 #8636
>
>or E-Mail: boruchj (at) aol(dot)com
>
>To receive a special FREE offer to receive a beautiful poster of SHLOMO
>call or write today!

"The whole world is a very narrow bridge - the important thing
is not to be be afraid"

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->