Re: S'lichot music

This is basically the same approach used in our congregation, of
which I am director of music. We use the Slichot prayerbook in
the "Gates of..." series. Most of the prayers to be sung are
from various other High Holiday services, so we use the musical
settings that we sing later on. For those prayers not sung later,
we use settings that we only sing once. But the prayers to be
sung and the musical forces (professional choir, soloists, and
organ) and my judgement as musician in residence determine what
we sing.

Bruce

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->