music theorists

I think you should consult the already mentioned translation of Beregovski's
work by Mark Slobin. It has a good introduction by Slobin which places him
in the context of the musicological research of his time. A good analysis of
the problems and themes discussed in Beregovski's work is offered by Joachim
Braun in an article of which I forgot the name (I will look it up).

Apart from Beregovski there are a number of people which have written about
this. In general, Abraham Idelsohn has done important work mainly in the
field of religious music (see his 'Melodienschatz' and 'Jewish music in its
historical development': this work also shows his view about the nature of
jewish music, religious-nationalistic, against which Beregovski polemised).

I'm not sure if you're interested in klezmer music also, but in that case I
can offer some more literature which deals with music theory. Please tell me
what you exactly want. I will look into my stuff.

Gerben Zaagsma

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->