Sources of Jewish Music

For those of you who have asked where to obtain this or that type of Jewish
Music recordering ...

Here is a list of the companies I have purchased tapes and CDs from, and the
publishers listed on the liner notes from some of my recordings.

First, try your local Jewish book store.  Most have some music, many can get
more.

To the person asking about Debbie Friedman?s music.

Debbie Freidman is published by:

Sounds Write Productions, Inc.
6685 Norman Lane
San Diego CA 92120
Tel.: 619-697-6120
Fax 619-697-6124

My copy of thier catalog shows the following Debbie Friedman
albums/tapes/CDs:
Sing Unto God
Not By Might, Not By Power
Ani Ma-Amin
If Not Now, When?
And the Youth Shall See Visions
And You Shall Be A Blessing
Live at the Del
The World of Your Dreams
Shirim Al Galalim
In the Begining (a 3 CD set of the first five albums)

They also offer books of Debbie Friedman music:
Blessings by Debbie Friedamn
The Best of Debbie Friedman

and more

Sounds Wright also distributes many more artists.  The catalog is over 30
pages.

The largerst (widest range of selections) Jewish Music mail order catalog I
know of is from:
Kol-Ami Inc.
A division of Sisu Home Entertainmeny
P.O. Box 381
Hickville, NY  11802-0381
tel.: 516-933-2196
tel.: 212-768-8889
fax.: 212-768-7413
for orders only: 800-393-4264

Their catalog is also over 30 pages, with tapes, CD/s videos from very type
of Jewish Music.

To the individual asking about cantorial training tapes ....
Kol-Ami?s catalog offers about 15 tapes by Cantor Abraham Davis on most if
not all services and trups.

Tara Publications
29 Derby Avenue
Cedarhust, NY  11516

I know Tara best as a publisher of books of Jewish music.  The recent ?The
Internalional Jewish Songbook? and its accomponing sampler cassette/CD is a
wonderfull collection.  I do not have a catalog of other cassettes from Tara.

Many Jewish Music groups publish/distrubute themselves.
Some of the address I have include the following.

Safam
c/o Dan Funk
36 Hamlin Road
Newton Centre  MA  02159

Lenny Solomon and Shlock Rock
c/o Lenny Solomon
83-15 Lefferts Blvd.  Apt. 2B
Kew Gardens, NY  11415
718-805-9495

Thre groups published by the same publisher:
Kol Achai
D?Veykus
Jouneys
all valable from:
M&M Enterprises
P.O. Box  1103
Forest Hills, NY  11375
718-793-7667

Piamentas
c/o Hoyland Music Productions
4722 18th Ave.
Brooklyn, NY  11204
718-854-5600

Neshoma Orchestra
420 Central Avenue
Cedarhust, NY  11516
516-569-4949

Beat?achon
c/o Jordan Gorfinkel
212-663-7631

Suki & Ding
(producers of concerts and tapes)
212-724-9351
Neginah Orchestra
718-854-2911

Craig Taubman
Sweet Louise Productions
13226 Otsego St.
Sherman Oaks, CA  91423

David (Dudu) Fisher
Israel Music
P.O.B. 2294
Newe-Monson  60190  Israel

Zamir Chorale of Boston
P.O. Box 126
Newton Centre, MA  02159
617-965-6522

This is of course not a complete listing, just information from the casstte
liners in my collection.  Write for some catalogs and spred the word about
any new sources of Jewish music you learn about.

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->