Re: Flory Jagoda

On 30 Apr 1995 jimbuc (at) umich(dot)edu wrote:

> Has anyone ever listened to anything by Flory Jagoda?  I picked up
> "Memories of Sarajevo" and "Kantikas Di Mi Nona" from Rosenblum's Books
> on Devon Avenue in Chicago.  It's some of the most moving music I've
> heard in a long time.  And I consider myself a discriminating listener.
> Flory sings Sephardic songs that have been passed down in her family
> since the Iberian Expulsion.  Pick it up.

Jagoda is really wonderful.  She's local to the Washington, DC area,
performs with her family.  They're from Sarajevo, I believe.  In fact
there was just a tribute to her last night (I couldn't make it).  David,
if you're listening, how was the concert?  Does anyone have a complete
discography of her stuff?

Mike Leavitt<mleavitt (at) netcom(dot)com>
Reston, Virginia

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->