Need to interview Klezmer musicians

Hello:

        I write for a number of Japanese magazines and am currently working on
a feature revolving around Judaism and popular
culture.
        I need to speak with Klezmer musicians, especially those on the cutting
edge (those who are familiar with other
contemporary forms and whose work influences or is influenced by work in those
forms).

        I'd be grateful for any information on:

        1) new bands in the field
        2) important news in the Klezmer world
        3) how Klezmer has made its mark on the consciousness of its fans

        Any responses to 3) right here in this forum are welcome.  Otherwise,
if anyone can offer advice or help on the other topics
above, I'd be deeply grateful if you'd email me at <imber (at)
maniform(dot)com>.

        It's not often that my colleagues in Japan give me a chance to write
about subjects that are of such personal importance to
me, so I'm anxious to give them something they won't forget.  Unfortunately, I
haven't much time to do the research.

        Please accept my thanks in advance.

        David G. Imber

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->