JEWS & GENTILES IN HUNGARY, 1965-1995

Hello!

I WOULD NEED _YOUR_ HELP!

I am a University of Toronto graduate student in history, who is
planning to write his thesis about the relationship between Jews and
Gentiles in Hungary between 1965 and 1995. I have done considerable
research by now, but seem to have a lot of trouble with locating
primary sources of the period, i.e. documents, statistical data, etc.
I would seriously appreciate if you could help me with the following:

a) Do you know any person who is of Jewish origin, and lived in and/or
   immigrated from Hungary during the period mentioned above?
   Could you help me get in touch with him/her?

   If you are such a person yourself, would you be willing to fill out
   an approximately two page short _general_ questionnaire? Your name
   and the information provided would, of course, be protected.

b) Do you know of any document(s) or collection thereof related to the
   subject and available in Canada or the United States?

c) Can you recommend any secondary source (books, essays, articles,
   etc.) dealing with this subject?

d) If you are a non-Jew of Hungarian origin, and lived in and/or
   immigrated from Hungary during the period mentioned above, would you
   be willing to fill out an approximately two page short _general_
   questionnaire? Again, your privacy will be protected.

NOTE #1: I know that there is a great deal of information available
         regarding this issue up until 1948, most of which I am fairly
         familiar with; I am, however, dealing ONLY WITH THE 1965-1995
         PERIOD.

NOTE #2: However extreme your view might be, I will protect your
         privacy. I WOULD TRULY APPRECIATE, NEVERTHELESS, IF YOU SPARED
         ME FROM GENERAL HATE-MAIL.

NOTE #3: I am of Hungarian Jewish origin myself, bilingual in Hungarian
         and English. If you prefer using one language to the other in
         our correspondence, please indicate your choice.

Thanks for your time and patience. Take care

Robert

robert(dot)winkler (at) canrem(dot)com

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->