Re: Searching for a Source

Try Dr. Kay Selamay of Columbia University Music Dep[artment. She did her
Ph. D. thesis on music of the Ethiopian Jews ("Falashan"?) if that is
what you want. Also there are at least two recordings on Folkways music.
(Very old recordings.)

Howard Lenhoff, former President of the American Association for
Ethiopian Jews.

On 15 Jan 1995, Roger Harris wrote:

> Dale Heltzer (dheltzer (at) sparc(dot)isl(dot)net) wrote:
> : I wonder if anyone could direct me to a source for a type of Jewish music
> : -- "falashan"(?) --
> : please forgive the spelling if it's wrong:  I haven't seen the word
> : spelled out.
>
> Karol Harding <kharding (at) lamar(dot)colostate(dot)edu> is an expert and is
> very
> likely to be able to answer your query.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Roger Harris.