Re: Favorite Carlebach Song

On 31 Dec 1994, David Brown wrote:

> Primerib1 (at) aol(dot)com wrote:
> >
> > Shalom, all.  I am a devotee of the incomparable R' Shlomo Carlebach, z"l,
> > and would like to know:
> >
> > What is your favorite Shlomo Carlebach song?
> My favorite is "Uva"; My klezmer band, Klezmania, New Orleans' first
> klezmer group, backed up the late Rabbi about 8 years ago. He left his guitar
> in
> Israel, had to borrow mine, was supposed to send music and never did,
> was supposed to rehearse 2 hours before the show. He arrived an hour
> late- we had to start playing our stuff to fill in, and when he did
> arrive, this was our rehearsal- Carbach " Ok, let's play. Be free
>  and deep."
> He capo'd at the 3rd fret and we played 2 hours of tunes in C!
> And he was wonderful!

Invitation to all lovers of R. Shlomo Carlebach zt"l and his music:

The next issue of "What's Next?" Magazine, an entertaining, Jewish,
spiritual quarterly magazine, is a tribute to Shlomo.

If you've a thought, a memory, or have had an experience such as the above
interaction with this great man, and would like to share it, please send
your SHORT story (under 300 words) ASAP to:

What's Next?
423 East Ojai Avenue
#107-107
Ojai, CA  93023
        (805) 640-9926

or, by e-mail, to:
next (at) rain(dot)org

Rebecca Mallinger
editor

*    "WHAT'S NEXT?: Cosmic Bagels and other Bytes for the Jewish Soul"    *
*     An illuminating NEW MAGAZINE exploring the connections between      *
* Spiritual Growth, Personal Transformation, Modern Psychology & Judaism. *