Re: ===>> $149/month *unlimited calls* USA long distance plan

You might try complaining to <postmaster (at) penet(dot)fi> that their anonymous
server was used for net "spamming." Emphasize that the post was both
blatant advertising and totally irrelevant to the group. Be sure to do
this as a forward of the original message, so that whoever reads the
complaint will know what you're taking about.

There's little purpose in complaining here. Probably the message was
posted into a great number of newsgroups, by a person who reads few or
none of them. So complaints posted back to newsgroups or mailing lists are
not going to reach the person who posted the obnoxious message. A
complaint to the postmaster at the site is your only chance.

Sometimes these complaints to the postmaster are ignored, result in
irrelevant "canned" messages (Prodigy does that), or are treated rudely.
A few sites even bounce such mail, leaving you to stew in your own anger,
and your group at risk of receiving more such messages from the same
person at the same site. But at least there's some chance of getting
something done. You might also send a copy of the message and your
complaint to the "complaint"  address at your site.

I don't seem to have received a response to the complaint I made last
night to <postmaster (at) penet(dot)fi>. I suppose that's a sign of one good
thing
-- the message hasn't bounced (yet).

Hope Ehn                     <ehn (at) world(dot)std(dot)com>

Dennis and Hope Ehn are 2 different people sharing one account.
Hope is the author of "On-Line Resources for Classical & Academic Musicians."
Dennis does programming (mostly C++).
PLEASE don't get us confused!                                 :-)
<ehn (at) world(dot)std(dot)com>