Re: Cantorial Music

In <grossman(dot)59(dot)001F9E5B (at) mcs(dot)net> grossman (at) mcs(dot)net
(Leonard Grossman) writes:

>Our cantor and a congregant recently got together and presented a wodnerful
>morning of cantorial music form their private record collections.  As a result
>of heightened interest we are now looking for videos made from film capturing
>cantors from the "golden age of cantors."

>So, far, we have located "Legendary Voices: Cantors of Yesteryear"

>(or is it "yesterday"?  I can't read my handwriting.)

>By Ergo Media, teaneck, NJ

>In any event, if anyone can lead me to additional videos, please let me know.

>Len
>Leonard Grossman
>grossman (at) mcs(dot)com
>For fastest response: leonard(dot)grossman (at) syslink(dot)mcs(dot)com
>Attachments to grossman (at) mcs(dot)com

There's a video called Great Cantors of the Cinema that was produced by
the National Center For Jewish Film. It has restored film clips of
Yossele Rosenblatt, Moshe Koussevitsky, Mordechai Hershman, Moishe Oysher
and  Leibele Waldman. Its 52 minutes long, in black and white.
Its available by mail order through Tara Publications - 29 Derby Ave.
Cedarhurst, NY 11516. Phone 516-295-2290 Fax 516-295-2291.

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->