Re: Klezmer recs anyone?

In <2tnvl0$p9r (at) anaxagoras(dot)ils(dot)nwu(dot)edu> beckwith (at)
aristotle(dot)ils(dot)nwu(dot)edu (Beckwith ) writes:

>I looked for a FAQ on this group (there wasn't one) and have been
>watching for a while and can't quite figure out if this is the right
>group for this but it seems like it should be.

>I would like to get a few recent cd's of klezmer music and keep my
>eye out for classic '78s and would like to know what to look for.

>I realize the classics are the classics and I guess any bands that
>folks think of as good, I would put on my shopping list.  For recent
>work, I have a bit more in mind.  What I would like to know is a few
>disks that are particularly "rocking".  I've heard some work on the
>radio that I really liked and recently saw a street band in London
>that was great.  Since then, I have been thinking that this is a whole
>in my collection that I must fill.

>If anyone has any recommendations post them here or email them to me.
>I will compile and post all suggestions.  Be warned that my site has a
>two day limit on this group so if something comes on over the weekend,
>I might miss it but I will make every effort not to.

>I have spoken to a few people about this and I can start the list with
>a band (or album title?) suggested to me:

>Brave Old World

>If anyone has any others, I would greatly appreciate it.

>Thanks in advance

Contact Tara Publications, 29 Derby Ave, ,Cedarhurst, NY 11516 516-295-2290.

They have a large catalog of tapes, CD's, and music books.

And they have all the klezmer you'll ever need.

dano (at) panix(dot)comZ

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->