mikhoels

I am a PhD student of Soviet history at Georgetown University working on
an article on the Soviet Jewish theater music of the 1920s.  I am writing
to inquire if anybody on this list either knows, or could obtain for me,
the address of Solomon Mikhoels' (the great Soviet Yiddish actor) daughter,
Natalia Vovsi-Mikhoels, who in 1987 resided in Tel-Aviv and I believe
still does.  For those interested, S. Mikhoels was a pivotal figure in the
development of Yiddish plastic arts in the Soviet Union of the 1920s and
was later head of the anti-fascist league during World War II before being
murdered by Stalin's agents immediately after the war.
                              Jeff Veidlinger

Topic No. 93

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->