...while driving...

In article <2ap1fs$nj0 (at) zip(dot)eecs(dot)umich(dot)edu>,
Matthew H. Fields <fields (at) zip(dot)eecs(dot)umich(dot)edu> wrote:
>In article <1993Oct28(dot)172931(dot)5147 (at)
>newsgate(dot)sps(dot)mot(dot)com>,
>Jim Kramer <kramer (at) ash(dot)sps(dot)mot(dot)com< wrote:
<<I once read an article by rock guitarist Steve Morse suggesting that the
readers
<<practice while they commute (he was addressing guitarists).  He said that he
<<drives with his KNEE freeing up his hands to play.  This might be a viable
solution
<
<I don't want to share the road with any such nuts, great or not.

Actually, I once rode on the passenger side with a guy who played
C melody sax while driving.  He'd just gotten the instrument back from
the refurbisher, and was on his way to his first lesson, convinced that
at last he had exactly what he needed to become a great Klezmer.  A week
later he decided to sell the sax and get a clarinet, convinced that the
latter was a) more Klezmeriddik and b) easier to play.

He didn't have any insurance at the time.

I haven't seen him for a couple of years, but I understand he still works
as a clinical psychologist in Ypsilanti, Michigan.

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->