Israeli music sale

If you live in the San Francisco Bay area, run, don't walk, to Leopolds
Records off Telegraph (next to Tower Records) in Berkeley. They have a
wide selection of Israeli music on sale, in a big display at the front of
the store, for $16.99. The price is still expensive by non-import
standards, but the selection is huge, and a blowout by usual Israeli
import prices.

I picked up a copy of Shlomo Artzi's "Luna Park" (which I have sought
since Yudel mentioned it) and a new group called, I believe, Black Flower,
which sounds a lot like Machina would sound if I liked Machina (if that
makes any sense). The CD is called "Carmella Gross and Wagner" if anyone
else has heard of the group and knows about them.

ari
jmusic (at) israel(dot)nysernet(dot)org

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->