hanashir

Shabbat Music-Compiling a List

Bob Rosin has asked me about compiling a list for the Hava Nashira web site
that is effectively a compilation of Shabbat music (as he put it: 20 Mi
Chamochas, 15 V'shamrus, etc.) I have thousands of tunes floating around in
my brain, and many of them I can attribute. Many more I cannot. And all of
you out there must have a similar windfall in your own heads.

So I am asking all of you to put your heads together and help me create
this compilation of Shabbat Music-both liturgical settings and z'mirot.
Please respond to the list with a cc: to me personally so I can easily save
the info. Please organize your postings as much as possible: i.e., separate
songs for use in services from songs for use at home or in other settings;
separate them by "titles", group like songs together, and, where possible,
attribute the song (composer or other source.)

Also, notations like "great tune for children's services" or "my favorite"
or "we do this at a fast tempo" et al will be very useful tidbits for the
list.

Note: This is NOT a lyric compilation. Just a song compilation. Daniel
Macks has already started a great archive of lyrics which we need not
duplicate (though I am sure he would welcome additions to his collection.)

If you're just including a list taken from an existing anthology (i.e.
Velvel's "Z'mirot Anthology, etc.), please just name the anthology-this
will save you the time typing-I can just look up the indexes myself in my
own collection (which I believe is reasonably complete.)

May I wish you all a pleasant Shabbat.

Adrian
Adrian A. Durlester durleste (at) plains(dot)nodak(dot)edu
Production Manager, Festival Concert Hall - North Dakota State University,
Fargo
Director of Music & Religious Education, Temple Beth El (UAHC,) Fargo, ND
Work: (701) 231-9564  Cel-Phone: (701) 799-7870
Alternate E-mail:  72507(dot)471 (at) compuserve(dot)com   AdrianD (at)
aol(dot)com

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->