hanashir

[HANASHIR:17209] RE: Which Line Is It Anyway?

Hi Steve,

I'm looking in my Mishnah--the line you quoted is from Avot 4:20. There
is no 4: 27. I know that sometimes numbering systems vary a little, but
I don't think they'd be off by that much.

That particular phrase is attributed to "Rabbi," which in my
understanding refers to Rabbi Yehudah HaNasi, the redactor of the
Mishnah.

Peace,

Ellie Knepler

On Mar 23, 2004, at 8:42 AM, Eric Rayvid wrote:

> Not sure if this went through because I sent it from a different email
> address:
>
> Steve, I actually wrote a song to that text for the NFTY song
> competition in
> either '87 or '88 (can't remember which).  At any rate, Jeff Jolton
> and I took
> the text from the old blue GOP and the text was attributed to Rabbi
> Yehuda.  Does
> this even answer your question?  I have no idea, but I thought I would
> plug the
> music I wrote anyway.
>
> Send me an email offlist if you need any more information.
>
> ~Eric
>

> _______________________________
> Eric C. Rayvid
> Client Director
> The RED Consultancy
> 850 Third Ave. 11th Floor
> New York, NY 10022
> Fax:    212-508-3410
> Email: eric(dot)rayvid (at) redconsultancyusa(dot)com

Hosted by Shamash: The Jewish Network, http://shamash.org
a service of Hebrew College, which offers online courses and an
online MA in Jewish Studies, http://hebrewcollege.edu/online/

To unsubscribe email listproc (at) shamash(dot)org and have your message read:
unsubscribe hanashir

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->