hanashir

[HANASHIR:17079] Hatikvah SATB arrangement

Deborah,
    You asked for:
>> a choral version of Hatikvah.

    The one that I have is I think the official one of Israel, if there is
such a thing.   It's 3 pages, marked as arranged by P. Ben-Haim. and
copyright 1957, printed in Israel by "Israeli Music Publications, Ltd - Tel
Aviv.
    There must be a version of it published in the US.  Transcontinental
Music has 2 (one SSA and one SATB, by two different arrangers) in its
catalog, and they can surely ship them to you easily, I haven't seen them,
but I'd be willing to be that they sound similar to the official version.
    If you're looking for an entirely different arrangement of the piece,
one that's an entirely new composition to the original words, look to David
Burger's (also published by Transcon).  It's absolutely gorgeous and very
appealing to American listeners.  It should be ok if you have really
accomplished singers in your choir.  Otherwise, plan on taking a while to
learn it, because it's not easy.  To hear the piece, Zamir Chorale of Boston
(among others) has recorded it on at least one of their CDs.
    Hope that helps.

    David Blumberg
    Milwaukee

Hosted by Shamash: The Jewish Network, http://shamash.org
a service of Hebrew College, which offers online courses and an
online MA in Jewish Studies, http://hebrewcollege.edu/online/

To unsubscribe email listproc (at) shamash(dot)org and have your message read:
unsubscribe hanashir

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->