hanashir

[HANASHIR:17068] Re: New York area Temple Choir Festival

Interesting idea to involve secular choirs as well, although with 14
participants just from the synagogues, it could be a problem!

JAckie Guttman

> From: Edward Katz <eekatzmd (at) yahoo(dot)ca>
> Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 08:46:48 -0500 (EST)
> To: hanashir (at) shamash(dot)org
> Subject: [HANASHIR:17067] Re: New York area Temple Choir Festival
>
> Good luck to both of you on your upcoming choral
> festivals. We used to have similar events in Montreal,
> but I do not recall seeing any here for several years
> now. We used to have a Jewish choral festival every
> couple of years, with both secular and liturgical
> choirs participating. Because of Montreal's diverse
> population, we always had both Ashkenazi and Sephardic
> choirs, ranging from strict amateur to
> semiprofessional calibre. In fact, one year we even
> had a non-Jewish guest choir. Those were the days!
>
> Edward Katz
> Chevra Kadisha Congregation Choir

Hosted by Shamash: The Jewish Network, http://shamash.org
a service of Hebrew College, which offers online courses and an
online MA in Jewish Studies, http://hebrewcollege.edu/online/

To unsubscribe email listproc (at) shamash(dot)org and have your message read:
unsubscribe hanashir

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->