hanashir

[HANASHIR:17067] Re: New York area Temple Choir Festival

Good luck to both of you on your upcoming choral
festivals. We used to have similar events in Montreal,
but I do not recall seeing any here for several years
now. We used to have a Jewish choral festival every
couple of years, with both secular and liturgical
choirs participating. Because of Montreal's diverse
population, we always had both Ashkenazi and Sephardic
choirs, ranging from strict amateur to
semiprofessional calibre. In fact, one year we even
had a non-Jewish guest choir. Those were the days!

Edward Katz
Chevra Kadisha Congregation Choir