hanashir

[HANASHIR:15238] Re: synagogue music conundrum

Re:...
> you might also want to use your choir (if you got 'em)
> by putting them in the congregation to help reinforce
> said melodies, cuz if they're new, they might as well
> have been sung solo to some congregations, resistant
> to change. the choir in the congregation just makes it
> feel like everyone's singing along.

I think this (and refrains) are great ideas. However, when my choir is in
the congregation, most of them turn "chicken" and don't sing out. A few of
us sing lustily, to the delight of the cantor, but most turn back into
regular meek-singing congregants. It's a riot.

Jackie G.

Hosted by Shamash: The Jewish Network  http://shamash.org
A service of Hebrew College, which offers online courses and an
online MA in Jewish Studies, http://hebrewcollege.edu/online/

* * FREE JEWISH LEARNING * *
Shamash invites you to join MyJewishLearning.com, a comprehensive,
objective, authoritative and interactive learning resource in all areas
of Judaism.  Free membership via http://www.myjewishlearning.com/shamash

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->