hanashir

[HANASHIR:14251] RE: Amplification System

Sue:

The first thing I would recommend is to find a way to ignore the ED's "in"
with Radio Shack. I wouldn't use their equipment in any kind of professional
setting.

A 20x20 classroom needs very little in the way of speakers and amplifier. A
40 or 60watt system is plenty big enough. You could even get by with
something less powerful. There are lots of microphones for you to choose
from, both wired headsets and wireless.

Having a strong professional background in this area, I've offered many
members of this list advice on equipment over the years, and would be happy
to offer you some custom (and free) advice if you'll e-mail me privately at
adrian (at) durlester(dot)com with a rough idea of how much money they are
willing to
spend, then I'll ask you some particulars, and offer some suggestions. And I
don't get any kickbacks, either :-)

Adrian

Adrian A. Durlester, MTS
E-mail: adrian (at) durlester(dot)com  URL:www.durlester.com
Director of Education, Beth El Hebrew Congregation, Alexandria, VA
education(dot)director (at) bethelhebrew(dot)org
Co-Director, Hazamir/JTAI Choir of Greater DC
Past Conf Chair, CAJE 27, August 4-8, 2002, Trinity University, San Antonio,
TX
List Owner, hanashir (at) shamash(dot)org; Jewish Songleaders/Performers List
www.ehavanashira.org
Co-Owner, l-torah (at) shamash(dot)org; Liberal Torah Discussion List