hanashir

[HANASHIR:14238] Shehecheyanu for choir

I'd like to let all hanashir choir directors know that the choral
arrangement of my Shehecheyanu is now available.

While the CAJE Youth Chorale debuted the unison version (published in my
Jewish Life Cycle songbook) at last summer's CAJE closing night program,
Adrian Durlester has since done a wonderful job of arranging it for
soprano/alto/baritone and keyboard (guitar chords included).  It's
appropriate for both volunteer and professional choirs.

The arrangement was met with much enthusiasm last Sunday when presented by 4
choirs as the finale of the first annual NoVaShir event at the JCC of
Northern Virginia.

This is a lively, Chassidic-style setting of Shehecheyanu during which the
NoVaShir audience spontaneously began clapping along.  During the reprise, a
youth choir danced to the music as everyone sang and clapped.  It's as much
fun to sing as it is to dance to, and it's hard to stay seated during it.
But who wants to stay seated during a Shehecheyanu moment anyway?!?!

Those of you who are attending next month's Women Cantors Network conference
in Connecticut will have a chance to sing through the arrangement.  It's
been selected to be sung by all attendees (some women get to sing the
baritone line!) at the opening dinner to usher in this year's conference.

I'm preparing a sound file of a rough recording made at the NoVaShir
rehearsal so everyone can have a listen.  When it's been posted on Robin
Selinger's music website probably sometime next week, we'll let you know.

To place an order, please print out an order form from my website:

                       http://www.geocities.com/cboydleon/cd.html

Thanks!

Carol Boyd Leon
Songwriter/Choir Director/Songleader/Music Educator
E-mail:  CBLeon (at) hotmail(dot)com
Phone:  703-250-0554
Web page:  http://www.geocities.com/CBoydLeon