From: owner-hanashir (at) shamash(dot)org [mailto:owner-hanashir (at)
shamash(dot)org]On
Behalf Of Ellen Allard
Sent: Wednesday, October 02, 2002 8:15 PM
To: hanashir (at) shamash(dot)org
Subject: [HANASHIR:12343] What d'ya think of this song?

Okay, so I'm curious about this song. Anyone have any particular opinions
about using it in conjunction with teaching about Noah? In a children's
Shabbat service?

RISE AND SHINE

Chorus: Oh, rise and shine, and give G-d your glory, glory
Rise and shine, and give G-d your glory, glory
Rise and shine and give G-d your glory, glory
Children of the Lord!

The Lord said to Noah, there¹s gonna be a flood-y flood-y (2x)
Get your children (clap) out of the muddy, muddy
Children of the Lord! Chorus

The Lord said to Noah, ³You¹d better build an ark-y, ark-y² (2x)
Build it out of (clap) birchy bark-y, bark-y
Children of the Lord! Chorus

The animals they came in, they came in by two-sy, two-sy (2x)
Elephants and (clap) kangar00-sy, roo-sy
Children of the Lord! Chorus

It rained and rained for 40 nights and 40 daysies (2x)
Drove those animals (clap) nearly crazy, crazy
Children of the Lord! Chorus

Noah, he looked up and he saw a dove-y, dove-y (2x)
Saw it up in (clap) heaven above-y, bove-y
Children of the Lord! Chorus

The sun came out and dried up the land-y, land-y (2x)
Everything was (clap) fine and dandy, dandy,
Children of the Lord! Chorus

The animals came off, came off by threesies, threesies (2x)
They¹d heard about those (clap) birds and beesies, beesies
Children of the Lord! Chorus

This is the end of, the end of my songy, songy (2x)
Hope it¹s not too (clap) longy, longy
Children of the Lord! Chorus

This is the end of, the end of my story, story (2x)
Everything is (clap) hunky dory, dory
Children of the Lord! Chorus

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->