hanashir

[HANASHIR:11194] parodies

Here are a couple of parodies I have collected over the years:

Afikomen Song by Rabbi Hayim Herring
Tune: A Whole New World from Alladin)

If you'll open your eyes
You will certainly find it
On the fridge or behind it
Or underneath a chair

Hard and dry as some wood
It does easily crumble
Like our people so humble
We're lucky to be free.

A half a piece
My afikomen, it's so good!
And if you'll tell me now
Just where it is
We'll finish up our Seder like we should

Pop it in your mouth
You will soon hear some crunching
Endlessly you'll be munching
And wishing for a drink.

A half a piece......

Insects & Pestilence
By John Bunyan
Tune: Incense and Peppermints

In Egypt the pyramids were built by the Jews
Moses promote unrest, singing the blues
Oh, Pharoah, let us go, for you I got news
Insects and pestilence, God's gonna get youse.

Heee sawww the burning bush.
God done told Moses, to kick Pharoah's tush.

Insects and pestilence, you have been warned
Set free the slaves or you'll lose your first born
Let my folks go, let my folks go, Phaaaaa-roooooh
Let my folks go, let my folks go, Phaaaaa-roooooh, Phaaaaa-roooooh

God will smite the Egyptians, passover the Jews
I will cut the Red Sea, completely in two.
When you try to follow, it'll drown all of you.
We'll wander in the desert with just matza to chew.

Heee sawww the burning bush
God done told Moses to kick Pharoah's tush.

In the Egypt the pyramids were built by the Jews
Moses promote unrest, singing the blues
Oh, Pharoah, let us go, for you I got news
Insects and pestilence, God's gonna get youse.

Heee sawww the burning bush.
God done told Moses, to kick Pharoah's tush.

Insects, pestilence (2x)
Pass-o-ver (2x)

Matza Brie
By Judy Caplan Ginsburgh & John Bunyan
Tune: Blue Tail Fly (Jimmy Crack Corn)

When I was young I used to wait
On momma to bring me my plate
On Pesach, I would always cry
When she served up the Matza Brie.

Momma crack eggs and I don't care (3x)
Won't eat no matza brie.

The Matza brie cooks up real nice
But in two shakes, it's cold as ice
With quarts of orange juice I'd try
To wash down lumps of mazta brie.

Momma crack eggs......

One day my momma ran out of luck
She took a bite and it got stuck
The Heimlich Maneuver I did try
But I couldn't dislodge the matza brie

Momma crack eggs......

(Add this next verse with discretion:)

My momma squirmed, she jumped, she pitched
She turned all blue and started to twitch
She died and we all wondered why
The verdict was the matza brie.

Momma crack eggs........

Judy :)

Judy Caplan Ginsburgh, Professional Singer
1999 Louisiana Professional Artist of the Year!
judy (at) jewishentertainment(dot)net
www.jewishentertainment.net/judy
Director: Jewish Entertainment Resources - We Help You Find Jewish Talent!
www.jewishentertainment.net
Conference Chair, CAJE 23: www.caje.org

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->