hanashir

[HANASHIR:5395] Re: Camp Swig CD Songbook

Abie Rotenberg has a second group that performs English songs. The name of the
group is called "Journeys". The most famous song from "Journeys" in my opinion
is

"It's Time To Say Good Shabbos". This is one of the best Shabbat songs that I've
ever heard, yet I've never seen it performed at CAJE or haven't heard that it
was
taught at Hava Nashira. It's worth a listen. It's on the album from "Journeys"
entitled "Journeys". If  you want confirmation from another source, try the
radio
station WFMU's list of Best Shabbat Songs of All Time. It's in the #1 slot as
voted by listeners of Jewish music in the New York/New Jersey area. Beware-most
of the WFMU listeners are Orthodox.

Ken