hanashir

[HANASHIR:4910] Re: Cantorial qualifications

In a message dated 1/11/2000 1:41:04 PM Pacific Standard Time,
Chazzzan (at) aol(dot)com writes:

<< UJ and Academy training courses may do an excellent job of preparing
cantors,
 but will Conservative or Reform congregations accept people trained by them
 for full-time cantorial positions? >>

My Reform congregation would definately consider candidates from UJ or
Academy training courses or any other route as well.  We are looking for the
"right" person with the knowledge and the passion to share their Jewish soul
with our congregation through music, prayer, teaching, and being a part of
our congregational family.  We are searching through the ACC but have not
found the right person yet.  We are looking for other ways to connect with
potential candidates.  If anyone has any suggestions of who to contact,
please e-mail me directly.

--Judith
jaugshir (at) aol(dot)com(dot)