Re: Jewish Encyclopedia

thanks so much! i did find it a few days ago - and will start looking into it -
thanks for your reply! elana
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: dchevan (at) snet(dot)net
  To: World music from a Jewish slant
  Sent: Tuesday, April 20, 2004 10:09 PM
  Subject: Jewish Encyclopedia

  Here is an interesting site that I just found this morning. Maybe some of you
already know about it, but I thought the group would find it worth knowing
about.  Apparently, the 12-volume Jewish Encyclopedia (1901-1906) is now part
of the public domain and has been made available at:

  http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/index.jsp

  There are quite a few articles on Jewish music.  The encyclopedia is nearly
100 years old so many are out of date, but still interesting to read and worth
the browse.
  The site is free quite user friendly.
  dc

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->