  From: Batya
  To: World music from a Jewish slant
  Sent: Monday, April 19, 2004 10:30 AM
  Subject: songs about mothers, fathers and mothers in law

  Hi!

  I'm compiling a concert entitled "mothers, fathers and mothers-in-law" (or
something like that) including songs in Yiddish, Ladino and English. Would
anybody like to help me brainstorm?

  I've noticed that "shviger" and "suegra" look like the same word. Does
anybody know which is the original, and anything about the etymology?

  I'm enjoying the "essen" suggestions - shame they're only virtual. Thanks for
asking about suggestions, and the ones that are coming through!

  Thanks,
  Batya

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->