Metropolitan Klezmer+Los Mas Valientes @ Makor, April 21

Klezmer & Latin Jazz octets, double your pleasure:
Metropolitan Klezmer + Los Mas Valientes
Wednesday, April 21
Makor, 35 W. 67 St (CPW/Columbus), NYC
www.makor.org   212.601.1000
8:00pm  Metropolitan Klezmer
9:30pm  Los Mas Valientes
doors open at 7:30pm, just $12 for both bands

Soulful virtuosity meets free-ranging fun in two female-led eight-piece bands.
MetroKlezmer shares this Upper West evening with their Latin jazz
counterparts,
Los Mas Valientes, whose latest CD spent 10 months on Latin Beat's hit
parade!
Drummer Eve Sicular leads the decade-strong Metropolitan Klezmer,
while flutist Jessica Valiente is the driving force behind the versatile LMV.
Gorgeously arranged traditionals, classic originals, and plenty of dance
beats...
This is a double bill we've been looking forward to for a long time,
what's not to enjoy?  Great tunes -- all ages --  one low price -- no
minimum!
Rick Faulkner (trombone) & Debra Kreisberg (clarinet/sax) grace both groups.
Full bar & gourmet kosher menu available, swanky club in a brownstone.
www.makor.org
www.metropolitanklezmer.com
www.losmasvalientes.com

Metropolitan Klezmer, now celebrating ten years...
"anything but stereotypical, and nothing but terrific" - Shaun Dale, Cosmik
Debris

ISMAIL BUTERA: accordion
RICK FAULKNER: trombone
PAM FLEMING: trumpet & flugelhorn
MICHAEL HESS: violin, qanun zither, ney flutes
DAVE HOFSTRA: bass & tuba
DEBORAH KARPEL: vocals
DEBRA KREISBERG: clarinet & alto saxophone
EVE SICULAR: drums/leader

"Serious, melancholy, exhilarating and funny... Brilliant, breathless stuff."
- Phat Planet World Music, U.K.

"Excellent klezmer ... impeccably arranged yet electrifying" - Richard Gehr,
Village Voice

"Metropolitan Klezmer is one of (I'd argue strongly for *the*, but I'm sure
of universal agreement on 'one of') the klezmer bands in the world today." -
Shaun Dale, Cosmik Debris

Thanks again to everyone who came to our tenth anniversary show at Tonic!
More surprises this time too; and as far as we know,
now it's legal to get up & move to the music even here in NYC.

=================
- e v e  s i c u l a r  -
drummer/bandleader
ISLE OF KLEZBOS &
METROPOLITAN KLEZMER
151 First Ave #145, NYC 10003
tel:  212.475.4544
fax:  212.677.6304
www.metropolitanklezmer.com
cds:  cdbaby.com, amazon.com, cdnow.com, woodstockcd.com, and many more!
in stores too... distributed by Goldenrod Music and worldwide by Stern's
Music Ltd.