Re: Why am I getting postings in Digest format?

There are two ways in which you get set to digest format on this list.

1. You did it.

2. You let your mailbox get full. When this happens, every time anyone
sends a message to the list, they get a personal bounce message from your
account informing them that you didn't take the time/have the time to take
care of your mailbox. It is most unpleasant, and actually adds some nasty
administrative problems to my work.

When I have time, rather than unsubscribe you, I set your e-mail to
"digest", thinking that you will want to continue receiving e-mail from the
list as soon as your account becomes usable again. You can easily change
your e-mail method yourself by going to the shamash web page and following
their directions, or you can e-mail me for help, or you can post to several
hundred of your closest friends so that they know that you have difficulty.

But,  since the digest format doesn't seem to help those who did not choose
it themselves, I will revert to simply unsubscribing people whose e-mail
causes problems on the list.

ari