Re: Joseph Schmidt and Lazar Weiner

As far as I know there are two CDs of Leon Lishner with Lazar Weiner on the
piano, Out of the Ghetto and Yiddish Art Song which are both available from
us at Jewish Music Distribution in the UK. The same with the Tribute by
Moshe Stern

I thought I will also mention that there is another wonderful recording
featuring Joseph Schmidt amongst others, and that is The Musical Tradition
of the Reform Congregation of Berlin released by Beth Hatefutzot. This is a
very interesting recording as it is the original sound recording they took
before the war by a professional record label, but never released due to the
war, lost during the war and found only a few years ago.  Fantastic
recording on double CD and unusual quality of sound!

Thanks

Noa

Noa Lachman
Jewish Music Distribution
PO Box 67
Hailsham BN27 4UW
UK
Free phone: 0800 7811 686
Tel/Fax: (44) 01323 832 863
Website: www.jewishmusic-jmd.co.uk
email: orders (at) jewishmusic-jmd(dot)co(dot)uk